Saturday, January 07, 2006

Yet another "mistake" by the US.

If you look down at the post named "US Army keeps killing Iraqis. Bush betrays Iraq", you'll see that i wrote about the US killing members of the same family in Baiji, in Northern Iraq, in an airstrike. I also suggested that they should have gone in with ground troops.

Well guess what? They hit the wrong house. It was bad enough when i thought a whole family had been needlessly killed for the 'crimes' of a few of its members. Imagine how angry I am now that i realise the ENTIRE family was innocent.
Had they gone in with ground troops, like i suggested (and i'm no general), they would've A) realised they were wrong and B) would've then diverted their attention to finding the people they were actually looking for. Just say a prayer for this poor family who died at the hands of the worlds 'best-trained military'.

The sooner they leave the better.

1 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think that saying 'I love your blog' would be appropriate, but I read it often and appreciate the information and opinions contained therein.
Between your blog and the links provided [especially Professor Cole's], I feel I get a feel for the true situation in Iraq.
Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home